Monday, December 07, 2009

Advent 2009 - 2nd Monday


"Lord, open my lips, and my mouth shall declare your praise."

Opening Prayer

Lord,
free us from our sins and make us whole.
Hear our prayer,
and prepare us to celebrate the incarnation of your Son,
who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit
one God forever and ever.


Daily Meditation

Our God will come to save us!
What an incredible promise!
Each of these days uses images to help us
to imagine and become excited about the ways
our God has tried to prepare us, through the prophets
to be ready for the healing and restoration and love
that is offered us in Jesus.
For all in me that is feeble or weak or frightened
I can simply listen to these words:

Strengthen the hands that are feeble,
make firm the knees that are weak,
Say to those whose hearts are frightened:
Be strong, fear not!
Here is your God,
he comes with vindication;
With divine recompense
he comes to save you.
Isaiah 35

Which is easier, to say, ‘Your sins are forgiven,'
or to say, ‘Rise and walk'?
Luke 5

Intercessions

To Christ our Redeemer, who will come again to free from
the power of death all those who return to him, let
us humbly pray:
Come, Lord Jesus!

As we proclaim your coming, Lord,
- cleanse our hearts of every vain desire.

Lord, may the Church which you founded,
- proclaim your greatness to all peoples.

Your law is a light to our eyes,
- let it protect those who trust in you.

You allow the joys of your coming to be foretold to us by
your Church,
- may we receive you with eager devotion.

Closing Prayer

God of Strength,
I need your courage.
You offer to make firm the knees that are weak.
Only you know how frightened I so often am.

And you do offer me strength.
There is the promise of your Son's coming
and knowing that you will save me.
I can't do this on my own
no matter how often I think I can.

Give me the humility to ask for your help
and open heart to accept
your healing and love in my life.

May the Lord bless us, protect us from all evil and bring us to everlasting life.
Amen.