Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Advent 2009 - 2nd Wednesday


"Lord, open my lips, and my mouth shall declare your praise."

Opening Prayer

All-powerful Father,

we await the healing power of Christ your Son.
Let us not be discouraged by our weaknesses
as we prepare for his coming.
Keep us steadfast in your love.

We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever.

Daily Meditation

They that hope in the Lord will renew their strength.

Our Advent preparation is about growing in confidence
that our God can indeed save us.
So often our struggles make us very weary and tired.
When we really "get it" that the One who made us
truly desires to set us free,
we really begin longing at a new level
to know what it is to be restored to a new vitality.

They will soar as with eagles' wings;
They will run and not grow weary,
walk and not grow faint.

Intercessions

To Jesus Christ our Lord, who came among us in his mercy, let us constantly cry out
with joy:
Come Lord Jesus!

You came from the Father to take on our human nature,
-now set free what was harmed in us by sin.

One day you will come again in glory to your chosen people,
-come to us today and help us sinners to recognize your mercy and tender love.

We glory in praising you, Lord Jesus,
-come and bring us your salvation.

Through faith you lead us into light,
-may we reveal your justice through our deeds.

Closing Prayer

Loving and powerful God,
Some days I can only be in awe of your power and love.
You never tire of supporting me.
I constantly ask for help
knowing you will always be there.

From some place deep in my soul,
I hear you calling me by name
and I prepare with a joyful heart for your coming.

Grant me the gift of hope, patience and waiting in these Advent days
because I want the focus of my waiting to be on you.
I want to praise and glorify you with my life.
Let me live my gratitude to you, rejoicing!

May the Lord bless us, protect us from all evil and bring us to everlasting life.
Amen.