Monday, December 14, 2009

Advent 2009 - 3rd Monday


"Lord, open my lips, and my mouth shall declare your praise."

Opening Prayer

Lord,
hear our voices raised in prayer.
Let the light of the coming of your Son
free us from the darkness of sin.

We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever.



Daily Meditation

A star shall advance from Jacob,
and a staff shall rise from Israel.

The longing of God's people lead to a hope
that God would save them.
God would replace their corrupt kings
and send them a Savior.
May our longing these days bring us closer
to our God's desire to save us,
to shine the Light of Christ
on the darkness of our sin.

Your ways, O Lord, make known to me;
teach me your paths,
Guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my savior. Ps. 2

Intercessions

Christ the Lord, Son of the living God, light from light,
leads us into the light and reveals his holiness.
With confidence, let us make our prayer:
Come, Lord Jesus!

Light that never fades, dispel the mists about us,
- awaken our faith from sleep.

Guard us from all harm today,
- may your glory fill us with joy.

Give us unfailing gentleness at all times,
- toward everyone we meet.

Come to create a new earth for us,
- where there will be justice and peace.


Closing Prayer

Is it that I haven't seen you, God?
Have I been looking someplace else for you?
Or have my eyes been covered
by the distractions in my life?

And yet you are so faithful in your love for me.
I see now with a new vision and great hope,
because my heart is enraptured by your love.

I pray to you and feel the power of your coming,
like a light on the path before me
guiding me to return your love even more.

Let me raise my voice
With new courage and deep joy

to give you praise with my life.

May the Lord bless us,
protect us from all evil
and bring us to everlasting life.
Amen.