Thursday, December 17, 2009

Advent 2009 - 3rd Thursday


"Lord, open my lips, and my mouth shall declare your praise."

Opening Prayer

Father, creator and redeemer of us all,
you decreed, and your Word became man,
born of the Virgin Mary.

May we come to share the divinity of Christ,
who humbled himself to share our human nature,
for he lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit,
one God, forever and ever
.

Daily Meditation

Justice shall flourish in his time, and fullness of peace for ever.
We now begin the second part of Advent.
We follow the Gospel story, as it bring us to Christmas.
Today, we hear the story of God's plan,
using a long line of less-than-perfect kings
and 5 very special women, to bring us to Jesus.

God saved us, by becoming one of us,
entering into our human, and sometimes messy history.
Jesus will come to each of us this Advent
in and through our human journey.

Justice shall flourish in his time, and fullness of peace forever. Ps. 72


Intercessions
To God our Father, who from old has called his people to salvation:
Lord, protect your people.

You promised to plant the seed of justice among your people,
- protect the holiness of your Church.

Lord, teach all men and women to listen to your word,
- and help believers to persevere in holiness.

Keep us in the love of your Spirit,
- that we may know the mercy of your Son who is to come.

Father, most merciful, strengthen us to the last,
- until the day of the coming of Jesus, our Lord.

O WISDOM.
You came forth from the mouth of the Most High
and reaching from beginning to end,
You ordered all things mightily and sweetly.
Come and teach us the way of prudence!


Closing Prayer

Oh, God of wisdom,
I want to praise you and give you my life.

Like a loving parent,
you bless me.
You have watched over me,
knowing my history
and the path that led me to you.

Thank you for the peace
you promise peace in my life.
I ask that I be always aware
of the strength of your great power.
May it never leave me.

So many people before me
in so many generations,
have served you so humbly,
answering your call.
Please give me the wisdom and courage
to be your humble servant.

Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel
Shall come to thee, O Israel!

May the Lord bless us,
protect us from all evil
and bring us to everlasting life.
Amen.