Sunday, November 27, 2011

1st Sunday Of Advent (2011)

First Sunday of Advent
Daily Advent Prayer
“Lord, open my lips, and my mouth shall declare your praise.”

 

To you, my God, I lift my soul,
I trust in you; let me never come to shame.
Do not let my enemies laugh at me.
No one who waits for you is ever put to shame




Grant your faithful, we pray, almighty God,
the resolve to run forth to meet your Christ
with righteous deeds at his coming, so that, gathered at his right hand,
they may be worthy to possess the heavenly kingdom.
Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever . 


Closing Prayer:
Lord God,
I sense your power, your might
and I stand in awe, painfully aware
of how poor and weak I am before you.
As I begin this Advent journey,
teach me to turn to you in my fear and sorrow.
I don’t want to keep making my heart hard against you
turning a deaf ear to your invitation.
Only you can help me to soften,
to be like the clay in your gentle potter’s hands.